Orphan Drug Distribution PlanningMarket Research NPP
Client required assistance with a preliminary orphan drug distribution plan for a rare disease biologic. The primary question centered upon basic distribution strategy.
- Build out organic capabilities for a service center hub and distribution pharmacy or use vendors?
- If the client were to use specialty pharmacy vendors, which ones would be most suited
- What type of distribution system? Could the client be successful with a closed distribution strategy?
Align distribution network with commercial and corporate strategy.
- Integrate unique product and market characteristics into distribution strategy.
- “Translate” the often arcane lexicon and systems of wholesale (3PL) and retail specialty distribution into proposals understandable throughout the organization.
- Evaluate technical specialists/groups capable of building out the client’s distribution network in detail.
- Ensure the technical specialists understand and remain focused on your organizational and commercial goals.
- Ask the tough questions that can prevent the build-out of network components unsuited to your specific market.
- Maximize your company’s control of the customer experience within the parameters of HIPAA, HITECH, REMS, OIG, and FDA regulations.
- Manage expectations regarding market/sales and product inventory data provided by a specialty pharmacy network and minimize potential gaps.
Issued a full report and recommendations resulting in key decisions being made by senior management.